Friday, August 13, 2010

i believe


 
I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty
I believe that the law was made for man and not man for the law; that government is the servant of the people and not their master.
I believe in the Dignity of labour, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a liking but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
I believe that truth and justice are fundamental to an enduring social order.
I believe in the sacredness of a promise, that a mans word should be as good as his bond; that character not wealth or power or position - is of supreme worth.
I believe that love is the greatest thing in the world; that it alone can overcome hate; that right can and will triumph over might.
John D Rockefeller Jr. inscribed in the Rockefeller Centre, New York

No comments: